Rowleys Red Flag Alert – December 2021
9th December 2021
In this we look, in brief, at the temporary changes to Quality and Outcome Framework (Qof ) and PCN Investment and Impact Fund ( IIF ) for 2021/2022, issued 7th December 2021, as a result of the need to accelerate the roll out of the Covid Vaccination Booster Programme.
- 246 points will still be based on Practices achieving the required indicators
- 46 points where there have been no historic performance has been reallocated to the Prescribing Indicators increasing the maximum points available from 44 to 90
|Indicators still based on 2021/2022 achievement||Maximum Points|
|Childhood Immunisation Indicators||64|
|Prescribing Indicators (including an additional 46 points)||90|
|Disease Register Indicators||81|
Of the remaining 389 points for 2021/2022:
- 74 points that were for Quality Improvement will be paid in full
- 71 points relating to some Diabetes and Hypertension will be paid based on 2019/2020 performance.
- 244 points will be based on 2018/2019 performance.
Practices should review their performance in these years and if during these years their performance was paid based on previous years due to changes in clinical systems or Practice issues then these may not be reflected on CQRS so Practices should discuss with their CCG to ensure they are appropriately paid.
Other points to note:
- To be eligible for the income protection, Practices will need to agree with the CCG a plan that will set out how Qof care will be delivered
- Activity should still continue to be recorded
- Aspiration payments will still be made but Achievement payment may be later than usual.
Primary Care Networks – Investment and Impact Fund
Originally there were 666 points available for performance based IIF indicators. 497 of these points have now been suspended and “repurposed”.
Indicators remaining for 2021/2022:
|Patients over 65 having Flu vaccination||80% – 86%||40|
|Patients 18 – 64 having Flu vaccination||57% -90%||88|
|Children aged 2-3 on 31st August having Flu vaccination||45% – 82%||14|
|Mapping of all appointments to new national categories*||N/A||27|
* This indicator should have already been completed and payment made to the PCN
Nationally, the 497 suspended points have released £112.1M, which is being repurposed as follows:
- A PCN support payment nationally of £62.4m based on weighted population which we guestimate to equate to around £1.00 per patient, subject to PCN confirmation that this will be reinvested into services or workforce.
- A new indicator, paid on the basis that ALL Practices within the PCN will sign up to Phase of the Covid Vaccination programme. Nationally this is £49.7m based on actual list at end of the year, which we guestimate to be around £0.75 per registered patient.
- If Practices are participating in the Vaccine Programme, income protection will apply to the Minor Surgery DES from 1 December to 31 March 2022.
- Where clinically appropriate, health checks for over 75’s may be deferred.
- Dispensary Service Quality Scheme will be amended to reduce requirement or medication review to 7.5% of dispensing patients.
For further information on the above or to arrange a consultation, please contact Paula Swann-Jones firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 282 7000.
These overviews are guides only and cannot deal with any issue in great depth, so for personal individual advice or further information please contact our team email@example.com