Our accountants understand what makes family businesses that little bit different
When you mix family with business, the dynamic is likely to be very different to a traditional privately owned business. This means the way we work with family businesses also needs to be a little different.
While you still need all of our tax, compliance and business advisory services, we know that when it comes to delivering them, we need to carefully balance the commercial interests of the company against the perspectives, objectives and appetite for both risk and change held by each family member.
That experience comes from the decades we’ve spent working closely with family businesses of all sizes.
We also work with various other advisers of family businesses, whether it be lawyers, bankers or any other personal advisers, we will work in a holistic way and introduce specialists where necessary.
The accounting services we offer family businesses include:
- Preparing your annual accounts, corporation tax, VAT, and PAYE returns.
- Tax, VAT, dividend and salary planning
- Advising on shareholdings, corporate structure and potential sales, mergers and demergers
- Acting as your company secretary and dealing with Companies House on your behalf and/or managing the allocation of your dividend vouchers
- Managing and chairing board meetings where appropriate, operating as an objective independent adviser
We have really benefited from our relationship with Rowleys. The team there is competent, friendly and efficient. In addition to providing us with annual accounting and audit services, they advise us on corporate and tax issues, some of which are complex and in specialist areas. When necessary they can respond very quickly and their advice is always delivered in a form that makes complicated issues seem simple. I do not hesitate to recommend them.
Just as importantly we understand the future financial security of your family is always integral to your plans.
The specialists in our team are here to help you prepare for the future. By the time we get to that stage they will know exactly what you want to achieve and by when. As a result we’ll support you to design the right succession plan so the next generation can either take over the business seamlessly or enjoy the security of their share should you decide to sell. The additional forward planning services we provide for family businesses include:
- Capital Gains Tax Planning
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- SEIS (Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme) and EIS (Enterprise Investment Scheme) advice
- Profit extraction