Vacancy – Tax Trainee
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits and study support
We are committed to delivering a first class offering to our clients and were recognised as the best national single office tax team in the Taxation Awards 2017. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic tax trainee who is looking to develop their career. We have a strong team and value each team member. We have a track record of supporting individuals to develop their skills, responsibilities together with providing freedom to achieve personal and business goals.
Regular responsibilities of this role may include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare, process and manage the personal tax affairs for a portfolio of clients (and /or clients as requested by the Tax Manager) efficiently and within the statutory deadlines to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Assist the team with all administration tasks, prepare draft invoices, and liaise with all client contacts to ensure all billing is completed.
- Supporting Business tax colleagues with work and tasks.
- Ensure tax training is undertaken and successfully completed.
- Participate and contribute to the development of the team.
- Preferred part qualified ATT (at least 1 year) but not essential
- Experience of working in practice is preferred but not necessarily required
- Be computer literate (particularly Microsoft Office), and be able to adapt to using new software quickly and easily ( IRIS, Xero etc.)
- Willingness to learn and work within a team
- Have excellent attention to detail and thrive on exceeding client expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills