Vacancy – Internal Accountant – Fixed-Term 10-month contract: Maternity cover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Type: Fixed Term 10-month contract: Maternity cover
A well-established, successful accountancy practice requires an Internal Accountant to provide essential financial management, reporting to the Finance Director and Finance Controller.
The main focus is to support positive cash flow, driving efficiencies, preparation of accurate, timely and insightful management reports and forecasts, upon which commercial business decisions can be made.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of accurate and insightful monthly management accounts, KPIs and forecasts
- Preparing regular cashflow forecasts and proactively managing bank accounts on HSBCnet
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and supporting file
- Process the monthly payroll (70+ employees)
- Accurate submission of VAT, PAYE and pension declarations
- Ensuring all statutory payments are made accurately and on time
- Oversee and support finance team, processing purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliations, credit control, monthly direct debits, invoicing and banking
- Proactive contribution to the annual budget and strategic plan
- Completion of the ICAEW Annual Returns for submission
- Completion of the annual PI insurance declarations
- Other reporting as required to the wider team and external providers
- Identification of any processing efficiencies by the use of available technology
- Providing full support to the Finance Director, Finance Controller and Practice Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Professionally qualified or qualified by experience.
- Have worked in an accountancy practice (not essential).
- Have business acumen and keen analytical and problem–solving skills with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet a range of deadlines.
- Be a competent user of Xero and Paycircle (HSBCnet knowledge an advantage)
- Have very strong IT skills with advanced MS Office, including the ability to analyse and transform data using pivot tables and other techniques.
- Have knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and methods.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you possess the skills required for this role and would like to join the longest established independent Chartered Accountants in Leicestershire, we’d love to hear from you!
If you do not have 2 years qualifying employment, your application will not be considered.
To find out more about this role, please get in touch.