Vacancy – Full time Credit controller and finance assistant
Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs per week
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The Rowleys Partnership has progressed significantly over the years and has a focus and desire to grow further. As part of this exciting journey, we are looking to recruit an experienced credit controller who can also provide support to our internal finance team, based at our offices at Meridian Business Park, Leicester.
The main responsibilities of the role:
Credit control duties to include:
- chasing outstanding invoices
- taking payments
- daily posting and reconciliation of the office bank account on Xero
- efficiently managing the direct debit and BACS process in line with current regulations
- facilitating repayment plans
- processing monthly regular billing invoices
- statement runs and allocating incoming payments
- reviewing outstanding invoices weekly and processing monthly KPIs for the management team.
70% time expected to spend on the credit control duties.
Other support accounts duties may include:
- posting supplier invoices
- supplier payment run setup (twice a month)
- processing monthly staff expenses and credit cards
- holiday cover for monthly payroll
- other financial administrative
Remaining 30% time expected to spend on the other support accounts duties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and a proven successful track record in the area of credit control.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision, taking “hands on” responsibility for all ledgers
- Have a basic understanding of the legal collection process in order to issue proceedings in the Small Claims Court
- Be capable of balancing customer service standards with the need to keep collections on target, ensuring that a professional and courteous approach is adopted at all times
- Be proficient in extracting and collating data in Excel for reporting purposes
Come and join a dynamic, innovative and extremely successful team, working within a thriving accountancy practice who have remained independent for almost 100 years. The benefits of working with us include a competitive market rate salary, 34 days holiday each year, 3% pension contributions, private health insurance, a flexible working policy, open plan office space with free parking, salary sacrifice schemes in exchange for a range of benefits and a focus on your personal development and long term career goals.
If you do not have 2 years qualifying employment, your application will not be considered.