Vacancy – Financial Controller and Head of IT
Hours: Full or Part time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
To manage and improve the internal finance reporting, systems and processes. To manage and oversee our IT solutions across the business and be a key point of contact for our outsourced IT providers.
As a firm we have invested in our business development approach and hired some key people in the last 12 months. We have a plan to grow our business and can already see some additional opportunities in the market for us. This meaning that the partner’s time is being taken up by important client matters and business development opportunities. This role is a new role that we have designed to take away some of the day to day roles that were effectively sitting with the partner team.
In addition to the points above we are looking to implement a new CRM system internally and we see this as a key role in order to support with the implementation of this and then oversee our key IT needs.
Regular responsibilities of this role may include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee monthly management accounts/KPI information
- Oversee the payroll and expenses of the firm.
- Manage day to day relationship with our bankers.
- Oversee and manage some of the compliance tasks of the firm such as the annual return for our regulators, P11D’s, annual tax returns etc.
- Manage and look for efficiencies in our billing and timesheet systems.
- Oversee and control our financial forecasting process.
- Work closely with other members of our finance team and effectively support and develop them.
- Present management information and KPI’s to the board.
- Oversee our approach to IT software and hardware.
- Look to effectively implement new IT systems when required.
- Look at efficiencies from an IT perspective and ensure that we are developing our approach to suit the developments of the market we are operating in.
- Work closely with our outsourced IT provider to ensure we get the best out of that relationship.
- Look for cost savings and efficiencies for the firm.
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified or by experience
- Experience of a financial controller role
- Have a good understanding of a services business
- Have a good understanding of IT systems and processes
- Experience of new system implementation is a benefit but not essential
- Have good people skills in order to take charge of these two fundamental parts of our business.
The ideal candidate should be able to work on assignments independently whilst being part of a larger team and support trainees with their work.