Vacancy – Credit Controller/Finance Assistant
Hours: Part time 10-25 hrs per week Monday to Friday (potential job share – see below)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The Rowley’s Partnership has progressed significantly over the years and has a focus and desire to grow further. As part of this exciting journey, we are looking to recruit a Credit Controller and Finance Assistant to support our internal Management Accountant, based at our offices at Meridian Business Park, Leicester. This could be one role covering both areas or split into two positions dependent on the applicants, hence the range of hours listed.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Monitoring aged debts, chasing outstanding invoices, taking payments and facilitating repayment plans
- Supporting the billing process by running statements and allocating incoming payments
- Efficiently managing the direct debit and BACS process in line with current regulations
- Daily reconciliation of the office bank account to ensure all credits and debits are allocated and accurately accounted for
- Process Staff Expenses and Credit Cards
- Understand and accurately utilise nominal codes to process purchase invoices
- Manage and process Fee ledger and Time ledger
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and a proven successful track record in the area of credit control
- Be able to work with minimum supervision, taking “hands on” responsibility
- Have a basic understanding of the legal collection process in order to issue proceedings in the Small Claims Court
- Be capable of balancing customer service standards with the need to keep collections on target, ensuring that a professional and courteous approach is adopted at all times
- Keep the Management Accountant fully informed of status of all work, any challenges or delays encountered and suggestions for resolution of the same
Come and join a dynamic, innovative and extremely successful team, working within a thriving accountancy practice who have remained independent for almost 100 years. The benefits of working with us include a competitive market rate salary, 34 days holiday each year (FTE), 3% pension contributions, private health insurance, a flexible working policy, open plan office space with free parking, salary sacrifice schemes in exchange for a range of benefits, including childcare vouchers and a focus on your personal development and long term career goals.
If you do not have 2 years qualifying employment, your application will not be considered.