Vacancy – Charity Audit Senior
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are investing in the charitable and not for profit market and looking to strengthen our specialist team. We provide audit, accountancy, taxation and advisory services to unincorporated charities, charitable companies and charitable incorporated organisations (CIO) as well as corporate groups with trading subsidiaries.
We are looking to recruit a qualified auditor to work in our Audit and Accounts department in order to support the growth being achieved. Our firm is agile in its approach and therefore the role is varied to include an element of accounts work in addition to audit work.
Regular responsibilities of this role may include (but are not limited to):
- Plan and undertake audit and independent examination assignments of all types of entities including unincorporated charities, charitable companies and charitable incorporated organisations (CIO) as well as corporate groups with trading subsidiaries.
- Prepare financial statements for Charities of all entities using software and Microsoft products.
- Support and develop trainee accountants with their assignments.
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad hoc queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and attend all relevant training, conferences and seminars.
- Manage all work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Audit experience for a minimum of three years
- Have a thorough understanding of the Charities SORP
- Have excellent attention to detail and thrive on exceeding client expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the confidence to network and help to develop the business
- Be commercially focussed with the ability to deliver innovative solutions
- Be focussed on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop fellow colleagues
The ideal candidate should be able to work on assignments independently whilst being part of a larger team.