Vacancy – Business Tax Senior Manager/Manager
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are developing our Corporate Tax team to service a growing portfolio of medium sized Owner Managed Businesses across various sectors. This is a Tax Advisory & Compliance review role, working collaboratively on corporate restructures, Research & Development tax relief claims, Employee share incentive schemes, Capital Allowances, succession planning, international tax issues, M&A and due diligence.
We are fast growing firm with opportunities to deliver more tax work across the local market and beyond. We are committed to working closely with our clients and have a proven track record of delivering a first class offering.
This role has come from our growing client base and the company’s focus on increasing our market share in this sector. This role will be focussing on the East Midlands medium owner managed business client with opportunities to work with international businesses, large corporates and organisations outside the midlands as well.
The work will be based around Corporation Tax compliance and advisory projects for companies, groups and individuals. You will be part of a team, being allocated projects and work, helping develop team members, sharing knowledge across the firm, receiving support from the partners, Private Client team and tax team colleagues in delivering a joined up service to our clients.
We are now looking for a bright, enthusiastic tax specialist who is ready for their next exciting career move. We have a strong team and value each team member. We have a track record of supporting individuals to develop their skills, responsibilities together with providing freedom to achieve personal and business goals. Our expectation is that our continued growth will open up opportunities for further progression in our tax team.
This is a great opportunity to work on interesting and complex work to support professional development, as well as building lasting relationships with clients through the work delivered.
What will the main role involve?
The responsibilities will be dependent on the level of experience of the candidate, but the requirements of the role our outlined below.
- Having responsibility for the tax relationship on a portfolio of medium clients, ensuring assignments are effectively managed, including the annual compliance process, as well as advice in relation to other tax matters.
- Identifying and leading on advisory work and tax planning opportunities, also collaboratively working on larger projects with the Advisory team. This will include technical analysis, report writing, due diligence assignments, clearance applications and implementation.
- Participating in client meetings and manage client expectations by ensuring they are always kept up to date and understand all of the work produced.
- Managing the workflow of the compliance function across the firm and liaising with the Audit and Accounts managers.
Developing the role
- Attending new client meetings with Engagement Leads to pitch for work and build Tax based relationships with clients.
- Working with junior staff to support you in your role and develop their career. This can be either a manager or mentor role.
- Working alongside Tax Partners and the Mixed Tax team (who offer Personal Tax compliance, Private Client Advisory work, IHT, Wills and Probate services)
Optional further work
- Preparation of Research and Development tax claims, assisting clients to identify qualifying projects and submission to HMRC.
- Dealing with HMRC Compliance Checks, Code 8 and Code 9 enquiries and managing HMRC investigators.
The right candidate will also….
- Have a passion for assisting Owner Managed and Private Equity Businesses with the tax opportunities to help their growth and future plans.
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad hoc queries in a timely manner
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and attend all relevant training, conferences and seminars
- Participate and contribute to the development of the tax service line.
- Training and coaching more junior members of the team, and supporting their personal development.
- Actively assist in marketing the specialist services provided by the team.
- CTA qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of working in practice
- Have a good understanding of Corporation Tax
- Be computer literate (particularly Microsoft Office) and be able to adapt to using new software quickly and easily (IRIS or AlphaTax, Croner i Library, etc.)
- Have attention to detail and thrive on exceeding expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills