Vacancy – Corporate Tax Manager
Hours: Full or Part time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are developing our Corporate Tax team to service a growing portfolio of medium sized Owner Managed Businesses across various sectors. This is a Tax Advisory & Compliance role, working collaboratively on corporate restructures, Research & Development tax relief claims, Employee share incentive schemes, EIS/Seed EIS investments, Capital Allowances, succession planning, international tax issues, M&A and due diligence.
We are committed to delivering a first class offering to our clients and were recognised as the best national single office tax team in the Taxation Awards 2017. Due to the growth of the department and the company’s focus on increasing our market share in this sector, we are now looking for a bright, enthusiastic tax specialist who is ready for their next exciting career move. We have a strong team and value each team member. We have a track record of supporting individuals to develop their skills, responsibilities together with providing freedom to achieve personal and business goals.
We are open to different levels of experience and will consider ambitious Assistant Managers and Managers looking to make the next step in their career. This is a great opportunity to work on interesting and complex work to support professional development.
What will the main role involve?
- Having responsibility for a portfolio of clients, ensuring assignments are effectively managed, including the annual compliance process, as well as advice in relation to other tax matters.
- Supporting and potentially leading on advisory work and tax planning opportunities. This will include technical analysis, report writing, clearance applications and implementation.
- Participating in client meetings and manage client expectations by ensuring they are always kept up to date and understand all of the work produced.
- Managing the workflow of the compliance function across the firm and liaising with the Audit and Accounts managers.
- Preparation of Research and Development tax claims, assisting clients to identify qualifying projects and submission to HMRC.
- Dealing with HMRC Compliance Checks, Code 8 and Code 9 enquiries and managing HMRC investigators.
- Working alongside Tax Partners and the Private Client team (who offer Personal Tax, IHT, Wills and Probate services)
The right candidate will also….
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad hoc queries in a timely manner
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and attend all relevant training, conferences and seminars
- Participate and contribute to the development of the team; training and coaching more junior members of the team, supporting their personal development.
- Actively assist in marketing the specialist services provided by the team.
- CTA qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of working in practice
- Have a good understanding of Corporation Tax
- Be computer literate (particularly Microsoft Office) and be able to adapt to using new software quickly and easily (IRIS or AlphaTax, Tolley’s Library, etc.)
- Have attention to detail and thrive on exceeding expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills