Vacancy – Audit Senior
Hours: Full or Part time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We are investing in our approach to the audit market and looking to grow our presence in the mid-market, predominantly working with corporate clients in excess of £5m turnover, and their owners. We are looking to recruit a qualified auditor to work in our Audit and Accounts department in order to support the growth being achieved. Our firm is agile in its approach and therefore the role is varied to include an element of accounts work in addition to audit work. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on corporate audits and some specialist audits such as charities and pensions.
Regular responsibilities of this role may include (but are not limited to):
- Second contact for a portfolio of clients, ensuring assignments are managed and work is completed in a timely manner.
- Plan and undertake audit and independent examination assignments of companies and also specialist assignments such as charities and pension schemes.
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies.
- Support and develop trainee accountants with their assignments.
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad hoc queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and attend all relevant training, conferences and seminars.
- Manage all work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Audit experience for a minimum of three years
- Have excellent attention to detail and thrive on exceeding client expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the confidence to network and help to develop the business
- Be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions
- Be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop fellow colleagues
The ideal candidate should be able to work on assignments independently whilst being part of a larger team.