Vacancy – Accountant
Hours: Full or Part time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
We continue to develop our growing accounts and audit department and are looking for an AAT or equivalent qualified individual to join the team. This is a varied role which will cover all aspects of accountancy, from management accounts to limited company financial statements on clients within a wide spectrum of industries. In addition to preparing business accounts there is the opportunity to be involved in more specialist areas including charity and not for profit organisations and pension scheme accounts.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Second contact for a portfolio of clients, ensuring assignments are managed and work is completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual accounts and tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Involvement in audit and independent examination assignments of companies and also specialist assignments such as charities and pension schemes.
- Prepare management accounts and information on a quarterly or monthly basis.
- Prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis.
- Support and develop trainee accountants with their assignments.
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad-hoc queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge and attend all relevant training, conferences and seminars.
- Manage all work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working in practice
- Be computer literate (particularly Microsoft Office), and be able to adapt to using new software quickly and easily
- Have excellent attention to detail and thrive on exceeding client expectations
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the confidence to network and help to develop the business
The ideal candidate should be able to work on assignments independently whilst being part of a larger team and support trainees with their work.