Corporate & Social Responsibility
We believe that making a proactive contribution to the society we live in is important, we are active in the various communities we come across and encourage all of our team to get involved. This is fundamental to the values of each and every one of us.
We believe that there are three key areas where we make a difference, ENVIRONMENTAL, VOLUNTEERING, CHARITABLE INITIATIVES.
At Rowleys we have supported many independent charities over the years and in recent years have set up the Rowleys Charitable Trust. This is governed by our team and a significant amount of our charitable activities generate funds for the trust, which then our team can choose to distribute as they see fit. The Charitable Trust is an important part of our ethos, in that we do the right thing for local charities coupled with empowering our team to govern the charity as best as they can.
A few charities we have helped in the past include Turning Point, CF Fund, Nottingham Hospital and The Children’s tumour foundation.
Some examples of fund raising activities are:
- Family fun nights
- Cake baking
- Christmas jumper days
- Mud runs
- Fancy dress
- The Rowleys weight loss group
The Rowleys Partnership Limited accepts that, through the course of its usual business activities, we may contribute to an adverse effect on both the local and global environment. We are therefore committed to minimising any impact of our operations upon the environment in order to protect it from negative and harmful changes.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Identify and measure any area of our business activities which may have a negative impact on the environment
- Where possible, we will remove or replace activities with those producing less harmful effects
- Minimise waste by evaluating our operations and processes to ensure they are as efficient as possible. A significant amount of our work is performed in a paperless way and we will continue to limit the amount of paper we use
- Actively promote recycling, both internally and amongst our suppliers and clients
- Comply with all environmental legislation that relates to our business
- Pro-actively promote the use of electronic filings with government authorities, such as companies’ house and HMRC
- Carry out training for all employees to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving our performance
- Engage with responsible suppliers, purchase sustainable products (where practical) and trade in an ethical manner. We have recently installed energy efficient lighting across our entire office, we also recycle a considerable amount of our consumables, including print toners
- Regularly review and, if necessary, update this policy to ensure it is relevant and achievable
- Communicate the contents of this policy to all related parties
Our business is flexible in its approach to volunteering, we actively encourage our people to get involved in initiatives and have participated as a firm in various community initiatives in and around Leicestershire. Various members of our team hold permanent governance positions with not for profit organisations and as a firm we actively encourage this.